首页 > 中国少年英语报 > 教师频道 > 小小剧场
Belling the Cat 为猫系铃
2011-07-05 16:18:29   网友评论

 

CharactersNarrator, Cat, Head Mouse, Baby Mouse, Brown Mouse, Bright Eyes, Long Tail, Old Mouse
 
Narrator: Once, many mice lived in an old red house. A big cat came to visit themnight after night. Many of the mice were caught. One day the mice called a meeting to decide what could be done to save them from the cat.
旁白曾经有一些老鼠住在一所红色的房子里一只大猫一晚接着一晚来访,许多老鼠被捉去了。有一天,老鼠们开了一个会,讨论怎样才能从猫那里救出他们的同伴。
Head mouse: Please sit dawn all of you. We must start planning right now. The cat caught five of us last night. What can we do to stop this?
老鼠头领大家请坐,我们现在开始讨论计划。那只猫昨晚去了我们个伙伴,我们怎样阻止这样的事情再次发生呢?
Baby mouse: The cat caught my mother.
小老鼠:那只猫捉去了我的妈妈。
Brown Mouse: She caught all my brothers and sisters.
棕色老鼠:她捉去了我所有的兄弟姐妹。
Brighter Eyes: It is time we do something to stop that hateful old cat.
亮眼睛:该给这只可恶的老猫点颜色看看了。
Long tail: What can we do?
长尾巴:那我们能做点什么呢?
Head Mouse: Now sit there and think. Who has a good idea?
老鼠头领现在坐下来想想,谁有好办法
Bright Eyes: We could get a dog to keep the cat away.
亮眼睛:我们应该养只狗来驱赶猫。
Old Mouse: No, we have no way of raising such a big animal, besides, dogs catch mice too!
老老鼠:不,我们没有办法饲养像狗那么大的动物。而且狗也老鼠啊!
Head Mouse: Let us vote. Shall we get a dog? If you think we should, vote yes”. If not, vote no”.
老鼠头领让我们表决吧。我们能养只狗吗?如果同意就同一如果不同意就投不同意”.
All: No.
全体:不同意
Head Mouse: We will not get a dog.
老鼠头领我们不养狗了
Bright Eyes:We could set a trap. If the cat’s foot gets caught in a rat trap, she can’t catch us.
亮眼睛:我们可以设一个陷阱。如果那只猫掉进我们设的陷阱,就捉不到我们。
Baby Mouse: A cat in a trap! How could we set it? I don’t think your plan will work, Bright Eyes.
小老鼠:猫掉进陷阱!我们怎么设置陷阱?我不认为你的计划行得通,亮眼睛。
Head Mouse: Let’s vote. Those who want to set a trap for the cat say “yes”.
老鼠头领我们表决。同意为猫设陷阱的就说同意
Bright Eyes: Yes.
亮眼睛同意。
Head Mouse: Those who don’t want to set a trap say “no”.
不同意的说不同意
All but Bright Eyes: No.
除了亮眼睛之外的全体:不同意。
Head Mouse: So we won’t set a trap. Let’s hear another plan.
老鼠头领:那我们不设陷阱了。我们听听下一个计划。
Baby Mouse: We could all go to live in another house. Maybe the cat couldn’t find us.
小老鼠:我们应该搬到别处去。可能那只猫就找不到我们了。
Long tail: But there would be another cat. All houses have cats.
长尾巴:但是那儿将有另一只,所有的房子里都有猫。
Head Mouse: We should vote. Those who want to go awaysay yes.
老鼠头领我们应该表决。想走的就说同意
Head Mouse:Those who do not want to go, say no.
老鼠头领不同意搬的说不同意
All: No.
全体不同意。
BabyMouse: I know I am only a young mouse, but I have an idea. Why don’t we put a bell on the cat? When she is coming, we can hear the bell. Then we can run away.
小老鼠我知道自己只是只很年轻的老鼠,但是我有个主意。为什么我们不能给这只猫戴个铃铛呢?当他一来我们就能听见铃声,然后我们就跑开了。
Bright Eyes and Long Tail: Fine! Fine! I think this is a good plan.
亮眼睛和长尾巴:好!好!这是个好计划。
Old Mouse: It is really a good plan. We have good places to hide. My hole is so little that the cat can’t get in.
老老鼠:这的确是个好计划。我们有好地方可以起来,我的洞很小,那只猫进不去的。
Brown Mouse: I have a good place, too.
棕色老鼠我也有个好地方。
Head mouse: Let's vote now. Say yes if you want to put a bell on the cat.
老鼠头领:我们现在表决吧。如果你同意给戴铃铛你就说同意
All: Yes
全体同意
Head Mouse: All of us voted yes. So we will use Baby Mouse's plan. Now who will put the bell on the cat? Will you Old Mouse?
老鼠头领我们都同意了。我们就通过老鼠的计划了。现在谁给老鼠去戴铃铛呢?老老鼠愿意去吗?
Old Mouse: No, I am too old.
老老鼠:不行,我太老了。
Narrator: All the mice looked at one another. No one was willing to put the bell on the cat. So the meeting ended with out any result.
旁白所有的老鼠你看看我,我看看你。没有一个愿意过去给猫戴铃铛,所以会议什么结果也没有。
Narrator: It is easy to make a plan, but sometimes it is very difficult to carry it out.
旁白做计划是很容易的但是有时实现起来是很难办到的。
加入收藏夹】【打印】【关闭】【查看评论
 
发表评论
匿名 用户名: 密码: 验证码:  
  轻松听报纸,快乐学英语!欢迎体验"会说话的英语报"  
·活动公告
·获奖名单
·双语小记者
·趣图妙语
·动画地带
·壁纸随心下
·用报指南
·资讯发布
·优秀课件
·优秀论文
·小小剧场
·资讯发布
·用报指南
·亲子英语
·小小剧场
  《中国少年英语报》分为1-2年级版、3-4年级版、5-6年级版、双语故事会(适合3-6年级以及小学升初中水平)四个不同版本。每本均为40页内文,铜版纸四封,骑马钉装订成册,每月一本,寒假、暑假分别出版合刊(含配套英语动画光盘、不干胶贴画和英语大挂图等)。半年订阅价60元,全年订阅价120元。