Characters: Narrator, the shepherd boy, a wolf, some farmers
人物:旁白,牧童,一匹狼,农夫们
Narrator: There was once a young shepherd boy who tended his sheep on a mountain. It was rather lonely for him all day. One day, he saw some farmers working in the field, and he thought upon a plan …
旁白:从前有一个牧童在山上放羊。他整天觉得很无聊。一天,他看到几个农夫在田里干活,然后他就有了一个主意……
画面 1:山坡上羊群在吃草
Boy: (挥舞着他手中的鞭子)Hmm, herding sheep is so humdrum. There is nobody here to talk with me. How boring it is! How lonely it is! Why not play a little joke on the villagers? Ha-ha!
牧童:嗯,我觉得太无聊了。这儿一个说话的人也没有。真没意思!好闷得慌!我为什么不和村民们开个玩笑呢?
Sheep: Baa…
绵羊:咩咩……
Boy: Um, I have a good idea. I am sure people will come soon.
牧童:嗯,我有了一个好主意.我相信人们很快就会来了。
(说着他就对着山谷大声喊起来)
Boy:Awolfis coming. A wolf is coming. A wolf is coming.Help! Help!
牧童:狼来了! 狼来了! 狼来了! 救命啊!救命啊!
Farmer A: Listen, what's happening? Do you hear someone crying?
农夫1:听,发生什么事了?你听见有人在喊叫吗?
Farmer B:(听) Yes! It’s the shepherd’s voice!
农夫2:是啊,是那牧童的声音。
Farmer C:(放下手中的活) Yes! Let’s go and help him! Let’s kill the wolf!
农夫3:是的,咱们去帮他。快去打狼吧。
(越来越多的农夫停下手中的活儿,拿着棍棒和农具上山了。)
Narrator: The villagers ran up to the mountain to help the boy.
旁白:农夫们跑上山去帮助牧童。
Farmer A: Where’s the wolf? Where is it? Can you see it?
农夫1:狼呢?它在哪儿?你看见了吗?
Farmer C: Hi! Little boy! Are you all right? We are coming to kill the wolf. Where is it?
农夫3:嗨!小孩。你没事吧?我们是来打狼的。狼在哪儿?
Boy: Ha-ha-ha! Sorry. There’s no wolf here. I’m just joking. Ha-ha…
牧童:对不起,这儿没有狼,我开玩笑呢。哈哈哈……哈哈哈!
Farmer C: No wolf? You tricked us! That's not such a good idea.
农夫3:没有狼?你骗我们。这样做不好。
Boy: Ha-ha-ha! What fools! Ha-ha-ha…
牧童:哈!真傻!哈哈……
Narrator: The villagers were very angry. They went down the mountain. After a few days, the boy cried again...
旁白:村民们非常生气,他们下山去了。但是过了几天,那个男孩又叫了……
Boy: A wolf is coming. A wolf is coming. Help! Help!
牧童:狼来了。狼来了。救命啊!救命啊!
Farmer B:(对 Farmer C说) Maybe the wolf is really coming this time.
农夫2:或许这一次狼真的来了。
Boy: Help! Help! Wolf…
牧童:救命啊!救命啊!狼来了…….
Farmer C: Let’s go to the hill and kill the wolf!
农夫3:我们赶紧上山打狼吧!
(他们向山顶爬,有人都累得爬不到山顶了。可是当他们爬到山顶时,却发现根本没有狼。)
Boy: Ha-ha-ha! Don’t be angry with me, uncles. Why not sit down and have a chat?
牧童:哈哈哈!大叔大伯,你们别生气。坐下来跟我聊会天,好吗?
Farmer A: You naughty boy! You can’t make the joke like this. If you often do this, no people to believe you.
农夫1:你这顽皮的孩子!你可不应该再骗人啊!下次再也没有人相信你了。
Narrator: But shortly after that, a wolf actually did come, and began to frighten
the sheep, and the boy, of course, cried out...
旁白:过了没多久,狼真的来滋扰羊群了。男孩哭喊着……
画面2 狼来了,在羊群里吃羊,男孩哭喊着,没有人来。
Boy:(他怕极了) Wolf! Wolf! The wolf is really coming. Help! Help!
牧童:狼!狼!狼真的来了。快救命啊!
Farmer B: The boy is joking again. Let’s go!
农夫2:这孩子又骗人,咱们走!
Farmer C: What a bad boy! Don’t believe him.
农夫3:这孩子真不象话!别再信他了。
Wolf: So many fat sheep! I can have a good lunch!
狼:这么多肥羊。我能吃顿丰盛的午餐了。
Boy: The wolf is coming. Help! The wolf is coming. Help!
牧童:狼来了。救命!
Narrator: But this time the villagers, who had been fooled twice before, thought the boy was again deceiving(欺骗) them, and nobody believed him, so the wolf made a good meal off the boy’s flock. When the boy complained(抱怨), the wise man of the village said: “A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.”
旁白:村民们已经上过两次当,以为这一次牧童又在欺骗他们,没有人再去来帮助他。狼在他的羊群里饱餐一顿。事后当那个男孩责怪村民时,村里的贤人这样回答说:“骗子即使说真话,也不会有人相信。”
|